The Adolescent and Sports Medicine Center, located at 1201 Bishop Street, on the campus of Arkansas Children’s Hospital, provides health care services for teens and young adults ages 12 to 21 in these areas:
- Acute medical diagnosis and treatment
- Adolescent medicine consultations
- Athletic training and sports physical therapy
- Eating disorders diagnosis and treatment
- Mental health services for emotional and behavioral problems common in teens
- Nutritional consultation and obesity evaluation and treatment
- Primary care
- Sports Medicine consultation and pre-participation evaluations
Appointments can be made by calling 364-8336 (TEEN). Same-day appointments are available daily.
Staff members seek to provide accessible high quality, developmentally appropriate, confidential medical and psychosocial health services to adolescents and their families of the region. Medical and psychological professionals at the Adolescent Center strive continually to advance adolescent health care through clinical practice, education, clinical research, and advocacy.
Services are provided without regard to inability to pay. A full-time financial counselor on site will assist with insurance issues. A Center physician is on-call 24 hours a day, and emergencies are treated at the Arkansas Children’s Hospital emergency room.
Physicians’ research interests include sports medicine and eating disorders, diabetes and obesity. The basic education mission is to educate primary care physicians and others who are interested in learning about the appropriate health care for adolescents and young adults.
For more information, please see The Adolescent Eating Disorders Program.