The Office of Education
The Office of Education is responsible for working with the faculty and training programs within the department of pediatrics to oversee the design, management and evaluation of educational programs within the department. In addition to maintaining the academic calendar, we are also responsible for directing other key facets of the educational program in the department including:
- Adherence to accreditation and reporting
- End of rotation assessment and evaluation
- Curriculum development and management
- Educational research and scholarship
- Educational technology
- Online modules / Blackboard
- Faculty Development
- Green A, Jeffs DA, Boateng BA, Lowe GR, Walden M. Evaluating EBP Knowledge and Beliefs through the E-Learning Evidence-Based Practice Academy. Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing. In press. Will be featured as a continuing nursing education activity for the journal’s July 2017 issue.
- Dawkins R, King WD, Boateng B, Nichols M, Desselle BC. Pediatric Residents’ Perceptions of Potential Professionalism Violations on Social Media: A US National Survey. JMIR Med Educ 2017;3(1):e2
- Boateng B, Nelson MK, Huett A, Meaux JB, Pye S, Schmid B, Berg A, LaPorte K, Riley L, Green A.Online Focus Groups with Parents And Adolescents with Heart Transplants: Challenges and Opportunities.Pediatr Nurs. 2016 May-Jun;42(3):120-3, 154.
If you have an educational idea, contact us and we’ll help you turn that idea into a scholarly product:
We thrive to make learning fun