May 23, 2017
Fellows Day 2017
The 33rd Fellows Research Day was held on Tuesday May 9, 2017. We had 12 platform presentations and 19 posters. The 2017 program host was the Cardiology fellowship who invited Dr. Andrew Redington as the guest researcher for the program.
2017 Fellows Research Day Award Winners were
• Poster Winner: David Matlock, MD — Neonatology
• Abstract Winner: Thomas McCarty, MD – Emergency Medicine
• Presentation Winner: Asif Padiyath, MD – Cardiology
• Runner up poster: Joana Mack, MD – Hematology/ Oncology
• Runner up abstract: Taylor Bagwell, MD – Emergency Medicine
• Runner up presentation: Dragon Do, MD – Hematology / Oncology
Recipients of the Graduate Certificate in Clinical and Translational Sciences
- Cardiology: Asif Padiyath, M.D.
- Critical Care Medicine: Ahmed Asfari, M.D.; Lauren Edwards, M.D.
- Hematology / Oncology: Dragon Do, M.D.; Audrey Green-Murphy, M.D.; Jeanne Velasco, M.D. (Graduated December 2016)
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine: Jessica Farrell, M.D.; Michelle Jones, M.D.
Click here to learn more about our fellowship programs and how to earn a graduate certificate in clinical and translational sciences while completing your training.
Thanks to all the faculty volunteers, abstract reviewers and judges who made this day possible. Contact the office of education for more information about the 2018 fellows research day.